Saturday, October 29, 2005

Go Bobcats!!!

Emma went to her first football game today... MSU Bobcats against NAU Lumberjacks. It was a needed win for us and they pulled it off! She did ok... Most of the time Dave or I were carrying her around but she was excited at times to be there. We did not see much of the game because of this but caught some close up plays depending on where we were standing. In fact Emma and I even made it on TV at one point (we taped the game and rewatched it once we got home). Well, I can say we made it but we showed up as an bright orange blob! I had Emma wrapped up in her orange blanket. We ended up leaving at half time since we were not prepared for the weather. As I warmed the car up the announcer on the radio commented it had dropped 15 degrees in the past 30 mins, no wonder we were getting cold!

At half time the score was 22 (us) to 0 (them) so we thought we had it in the bag.... Now let me tell you this team is not called the Cardiac Cats for nothing... We listened to the game on the way home and the offense fell apart in the second half. With only about three mins left in the game and the score tied at 22-22 they finally got their act together and scored. I guess it helps that our quarterback is also our leading rusher since most of the rushing yards in that drive were his. I am not sure if that is good, or just plain sad... Anyways, this kid is good and this is his last year since he is a senior. I will be pretty shocked if he is not signed with the NFL (assuming that is the direction he chooses to take).

Here are a couple pics of Emma decked out for the game!




A few pics from the game... A little blurry but hey, sports are hard to photograph!

Our quarterback...





One of our running backs...


I will try to update again soon... Busy few days ahead of us with Emma's party tomorrow and her birthday/Halloween on Monday....

No comments: