Emma's party started at three today. We spent most of the day getting ready (nothing like the last minute!) While Emma napped, I ran out and got her cake and balloons. I then was able to wrap presents and get her party favors together before she woke. When she came out of her room she was so excited to see the balloons! "Wow! Wow! Woooooow!"
We only had one family come, but they had 4 boys (almost three years - almost 13 years old) so it was enough! It took the younger one time to warm up but soon he was running around with everyone else. After about an hour of playing I asked Emma if she wanted to open presents or have cake first! She pointed to the presents and said "That!"
What a change this year! She picked which present she wanted to open and did not need help with any of it! The first present was a set of books from Kathryn (Dave's Mom's cousin). Second was a ball and a baby from the boys (Emma LOVES babies so she was excited to see yet another baby doll for her!). Third was a stuffed monkey and a horse head on a stick (what are these called?!) from Dave and me. She had received a check from her aunt and uncle in CA so we bought a couple things for her. One was a doctor's kit which she opened the day we bought it. We also bought a pan set which I wrapped for her since it went with her large gift. She opened that and then I had her pull the blanket off the large gift and it was a play kitchen! So we opened up the pots and she started to play! "Hot" was what she would say when she would take the pot to put on her stove! She also loves wearing the apron that came with the pots.
Cake came next and she blew the candle out! Polished off a piece of cake and some ice cream (most of it melted since she was up and down to play while working on the cake).
Well, going to wrap this up for now. I wanted to write this up because there is going to be more to write about tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment