Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What a busy long weekend! We did some work in the yard and spent the rest of it relaxing. Took a couple long drives around the area. This all started last week when Dave spotted a hawk outside Target protecting its kill. So we started talking about wildlife and how I really wanted to get going on my photography some more... well, stuff other than Emma! So, we drove around looking for wildlife. Saw a lot of deer, an antelope, turkeys, a variety of smaller birds, and Dave thinks he saw a bear but is not sure. Emma got a kick out of seeing a lot of cows, sheep and horses.

Sunday we drove south through the Boulder valley to a place called Natural Bridge/Hole in the Wall. I will try to find some of my pictures from other trips to post here. This place is pretty amazing. The Boulder river comes down and flows under this ledge and then shoots out the other side as a waterfall. If the waterflow is high enough it actually comes over the ledge and creates another waterfall. This is pretty rare to catch however. The ledge is pretty interesting to explore. There are a lot of seashell fossils and Dave found a new one Sunday he had not seen before. Emma was beside herself. This was her second trip, but she was only about 7 mos the last time we went. She did a pretty good job of climbing around on the rocks! I think we have a little mountain goat on our hands! We forgot to bring the backpack to carry her in so we did not explore as much as we usually do.

We found a neat camping spot near Natural Bridge that we will probably go camp there sometime in the next month. It seemed pretty empty considering it was a holiday weekend so we are hoping it stays that way. We can camp at night and go exploring and hiking during the day without worrying about having to drive home that night.

Emma news... Latest word "num." meaning... food... I think. I was calling her treats "nummies" and she started calling them "num num" At first I was thinking it was just stuff she does not get a lot but she is using it at meals as well! We stopped to try out a new ice cream place on Friday and we drve through the same lot the next day and she started saying "num num, num num!" I think she knew where we were even though we were not stopping for ice cream!


Emma spent a lot of time swinging her baby in the swing outside. Emma will not use it but she will swing her baby in it. Then today she went into her room, grabbed the wipes, diaper rash cream and a diaper and sat down next to her baby and tried to change her diaper! She has quite a ways to go but I love watching her do things like this! It amazes me she is already comprehending this. She is still my baby!

Pictures coming soon! I promise. I think we are going to find a way to make this the main page as well and put the links on here. It will be easier for those checking and I can link to updates in my messages here. Not sure when we will do this, as we are trying to figure out the easiest way without changing too much.

No comments: