Tuesday, June 07, 2005

New pictures are up!!

Emma shocked both of us tonight when she said "who who" when Dave asked her what an owl says! He looked over at me and asked me when she learned that. I have no idea! The only thing I can think of is when we were hiking this weekend and we saw what we thought was a great horned owl take off in the distance, I made some comment like "Owls say 'who who'" and that was it. I guess it stuck!

Since I mentioned hiking, that is what we did on Sunday. Dave wanted to go fishing so we headed over to the West Boulder Meadows. Dave forgot that the meadows were at the end of a 3 mile hike! We had the back pack for Emma with us so we went for it. We were in prime bear country so I carried the bear spray and Dave packed a pistol just in case (unloaded, with clip handy). We did not see any bears though, and that surprised Dave! He thought we would at least see one or two black bears from a distance. Emma did pretty good. Started getting a little cranky half way to the meadows so we let her down and she walked about 1/4 mile, maybe a little less. We finally made it there and Dave went off to fish while Emma and I relaxed. On the way back she ended up falling asleep in the pack. We made it out of there just before a big thunderstorm hit (maybe 15-20 mins later). We saw it from a distance and ended up driving through it on the way home.

Today Emma and I drove up to Clyde Park to her friend Lyom's house to play. It is so much fun to watch them together. Emma ended up playing on his slide and because it was wet from recent rains, she was drenched by the time she finished. He sat there and just laughed at her!

NEW PICTURES ARE UP!!!! There are of pictures Emma playing on the bank of the Yellowstone River, pictures of our hike to West Boulder Meadows (6 miles round trip!!), pictures of the storm that followed our hike, and misc of Emma. Hope you enjoy! Click here for the pictures!

No comments: