We have had rain everyday for the past week or so, but today the sun came out and it was warm! So Emma and I walked downtown and deposited the money from her piggy bank into her savings account. We told the teller what the money was for, and then the teller asked Emma if this money was for account. Right on cue Emma replied "Yah!" Got a chuckle frm the teller. As we were leaving a 3 year old and her aunt came in and the 3 y.o. was pushing her "baby" around in a stroller. I have been thinking of getting Emma one so I asked the aunt where it was bought. Turns out Ross for like $4! The 3 y.o. shared with Emma and Emma had a blast pushing the stoller around then bank! We went down to the park this evening after dinner and stayed for almost an hour and a half.
Every once in a while I check out a video from the library for Emma. She is not really into much unless it has music. This last week it was a music video of Sesame Street but we did not actually watch it until the night before it was due. She was a riot! The first song was basically following different commands and they kept adding more and it would get faster and faster. Started out with clap you hands, stomp your feet.. she did both of those... adds turn around, touh your toes, again she does both.. adds tug your ears, flap your arms.. she has the tugging down and is starting to get the flapping... adds reach up high and all fall down... And she would do both of these. She started throwing herself on the ground. I think I got some decent video of this today so we will try to get it posted soon. (Just changed computers so we need to put the card with the firewire port into the new computer so we can upload video).
She continues to take care of her baby. Yesterday, I caught her trying to put her baby in her booster seat so I brought the booster seat into the living room and put it down on the floor. She strapped baby in and put the tray on. Then Emma turned to me, signed food and then point at her baby. So I brought out an empty bowl and spoon and that was not good enough. Emma grabbed the applesauce off the table, but in the end I just gave her some cheerios to feed the baby with. I need to keep my camera handy and get some pictures of her with the cabbage patch!
I am not sure she will be going to swimming lessons this summer like we did last summer. The parent/tot class is not on the list of classes. I did call and I was the second parent requestiong a class so maybe if they get enough inquiries they will add it. It is not like they learn much but I liked it that there was nt a lot of distraction like there would be during free time. Last year Emma and I worked on coming into the pool safetly. She would sit on the edge and lean in. After she had the hang of that we worked on leaning in and when she came in she would go under and then come up (in my arms of course). She was not fond of being on her back though and I wanted to work more on that as well as work on her learning to kick her way up when let go under water. We were going to start that last year but ran out of time.
Well, I almost have some pictures ready, just need to resize and upload and add them to the page.
No comments:
Post a Comment