Friday, May 06, 2005

Back from the doctor's...

And all is good as I thought it would be! She is now 32 inches long (50%ile) and 25 lbs (just under 75%tile). She actually had to be weighed twice since the first time the nurse weighed her at 28 lbs and the doctor had a hard time believing Emma put on 5 lbs in the ast 3 months.

We talked about how things were going and how Emma has been. The doctor was very happy with Emma's development and said she is a very smart little girl! I knew that though :) She was also impressed with the fact Emma was not showing any stranger anxiety towards her. Emma was the same was at 15 mos. Doctor asked if she ever showed it and I told her not really. She has been a pretty outgoing girl. A little slow to warm up if she does not know you but if I am near by she is really good! I think it helps that she knows so many people in the community and sees them on a regular basis.

Before the appointment we did our weekly bank run since it was payday. They were having a bake sale out side for a local baby (I think she is 11 months now) who is fighting cancer. I think she has already had the opertation and is having chemo now. I bought some brownies and we might go back after nap time (if there is anything left - it was selling quick!).

Emma learned today that when you fall while wearing a dress it hurts a lot more than when you are wearing pants. She fell a couple times and bruised/skinned her knees up.

Emma and puppy (Madison) are starting to play better together. We have been taking them in the backyard and letting them run around together and Madison (she is 4 years old) has been less scared of Emma. She is part german shepard and part heeler (we think) and has been herding Emma around. She will bite the back of Emma's pants and pull until she falls and them run off. Emma thinks this is hilarious! Madison does get to be a little too much for Emma at times so we have been teachign Emma to say "no no" so she will stand there and wae her pointer finger at Maddy when she gets too rough!

That is it for now. I ave some new pictures I will be posting hopefull in the next day or so. I still need to resize them and get them uploaded.

No comments: