Saturday, November 28, 2009

Misc....

No weekly review this week. We kind of took the week of Thanksgiving off, but at the same time did some stuff. Will just include that all with next weeks review. It was all fun stuff, lots of reading outloud, hikes and geocaching!

A couple funnies I want to document:

First, we were in the car heading somewhere and Emma pulled out a copy of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and started trying to read through it. Part of it she did by sounding it out, other parts she stumbled through because we have not learned all the vowel sounds (those she got some guidance from me if I could tell her what the rule was), the rest she did by memory. She got to one part and I hear "and he turned into a racoon..." Dave and I tried but we burst out laughing and she sheepishly says "What?! Oh I mean cocoon!"

Second, same day but in the evening, we stopped by McDonalds to grab a movie from Redbox. Dave grabbed Angels and Demons and Star Trek. Emma pips up and asks "Is Star Trek the one with the life savers?"

Christmas shopping is pretty much done. I ended up going out Black Friday to look around. The neighbor's granddaughter was visiting so Emma went over to play so I was able to pick up some more stuff. Emma still has to shop for me and Dave and I need to pick some fabric up and do a little sewing and that is about it until wrapping! That and make the photo gifts, but I am waiting for my external hard drive to arrive first! Much easier than searching through way too many DVDs of photos.

No comments: