Friday, November 13, 2009

math games

I have been having fun finding simple math games and either introducing them to Emma or revamping them slightly.

She was playing one of them last night and kept having me shufle the cards so she could play again. We started with cards 2-9 and as I flipped them over she had to tell me what she needed to add to that card to make ten. Then I added the aces and she had to keep flipping them until she could make a sum of 10 with two cards. Had her tell me which card she needed to make the sum, which then combined both games. I think we are going to try this as a memory game soon too.

My find of the day was a pair of dice that are 20 sided. Still not sure what we will do with them but I am sure once we hit addition and subraction up to 20, they will come in handy!

No comments: