As I was getting Emma breakfast this morning, I looked across the street and the neighbor was having a yard sale. I spotted an art easal so I quickly got Emma dressed, grabbed a piece of peanut butter toast for her and we ran across the street. The easal was there but I hesitated a second too long and someone else snagged it. Oh well. Instead we kept looking and came away with a decent stash. Emma now has a Sesame Street train set that she can operate by remote. She loves this and played with it for a long time today! She also has a small 4-wheeler ATV that is battery operated. Since it was only .50 I could not pass that up!
It was a trained themed day from the start with buying that train set. We made it home in time for Blue's Clues... what was on that today? Trains! At least for the first 5-8 mins or so... Emma spent some time with Dave watching his train simulator on the computer and then when we were leaving downtown this evening we spotted a train coming so we hurried over to the Depot and made it out of the car just in time for a train to come hurling by (like 10 feet away)! That was a bit intimidating for her since it was so close but she had a blast all the same. Lots of whoooo whoooo's today!
Her speaking is coming along. Every once in a while we will clue into what she is saying, so I am sure she is saying more words than we realize already! Last night it was apple. Clear as can be, she was taking bites out of an apple and looked up and said apple.
I think she is getting excited for our trip to California this week. I know she does not really realize what is going on, but she does know something fun and exciting is going to happen. Dave thinks we are going to have a new obsession of airplanes after this trip!! Emma and I leave Wednesday (Dave has to work) and we will be there for just over a week. Emma gets to see Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Donna for the first time since Christmas and the rest of the California family for the first time in over a year, although she did see some of them last August when they stopped by here in Montana on their way through!
That is all for now, time for Dave and me to grab a late dinner. Hope all is well with you and hope you are staying cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment