Thursday, April 22, 2010

Testing went very well!

Emma did great with her two assessments today. Her phonetics one she aced. The few struggles she had did not surprise me, and a couple were just her rushing. Compared to the fall, she improved a lot. I had to laugh because near the end she has to write her name. She turns to the test giver and asks "Can I write it in cursive?" I knew that question was coming!

As for the DRA2, I was a bit disappointed but it was due to my expectations being too high I guess. And the disappointment has nothing to do with Emma just the way the test was given. Emma did awesome! What it was set up as, was a assessment to "test out" of kindergarten. So the test was at a level 3 (test givers assumption Emma would do good at) and she past with flying colors. Level 3 is also the final K level. I asked about testing further and her resource consultant pulled out level 8, which is mid first grade, and again Emma passed with flying colors. This is where my disappointment comes in. I was assuming they would test until they found which level she was really at. So, I asked that come this fall, if we could set up a time and go through the test and find where she is at. I know they are busy now, and I want to go through more of her curriculum this summer. That, along with lots of reading, will give a much better assessment in the fall.

No comments: