Friday, April 30, 2010

Garage sale season!!

Emma and I like to go garage sale-ing Fridays and some Saturdays.  Usually not looking for anything in particular but she will pick up a toy sometimes and I usually do not say no to books.

Between paying .25 and .10 a book at a garage sale and the used book store, we spent $5.

P1000745

The top two were at the used book store.  Not sure we will use them but for 10 cents each it is worth the buy just in case we can use them just once.

The bottom two will fit in with her science next year.  Again, if we only use them once or twice, worth 25 cents each!

P1000746

These were all from the book store at 10 cents each.  The owner who is wonderful, thinks of Emma and me when things came in.  Occasionally, she will have a stack of books put away that she will not sell but knows I may way.  The last time was phonics books for Emma.   This time she directed me to these historical fiction books for Emma.   She is not ready for them yet but they look good!

P1000747

Emma’s books!  I saw the Cam Jansen books and had to snatch them up for her!  She is getting close to being at that level.  She snatched up the B.Bear books and then I saw the Magic School Bus. 

 

I really need to go through her bookcase and organize into what she can read now.  I do not think she realizes that 99% of what is in her book case she can read most of now!  It is exciting to see how well she is progressing! 

 

Other garage sale find was for Dave was a approx 20 foot long hose of misters for our patio for $5.  He was going to make his own since the real ones are so expensive and I am not sure he could have bought the materials for it for $5.  They are going to feel nice when the 90+ weather hits!  Told him when he called for lunch and he was really excited with that find!

No comments: