I guess it could be worse because right now only one of us is sick and according to the clinic it is the flu. And not one treatable with meds, so no preventable meds either. I finally found out at Emma's check up for her ear that the clinic we go to has an afterhours clinic 6 miles up the road at a huge fraction of the cost of the Urgent Care center just down the road. Guess where we will be going now?
Emma and I are doing ok but Dave is pretty miserable. Because the flu is hitting Colorado hard right now (according to the news), I made the decision to keep Emma home from hockey at least through tomorrow to make sure she (and me) are not on the way to being sick. Would hate to expose the other kids. The bad part of it all is she actually has two games tomorrow. One here at the rink and then the team was invited to Glenwood Springs (1.5 hours east on I-70) for a game.
We had planned on making a day of it. Go to the morning game, come home grab the dog and geocache our way to Glenwood Springs, but it is not going to happen.
Hopefully our luck will get better and one of these weekends will be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment