I have been saying for a while that this spring is going to be the trial run to see if Emma and I can co-exist while homeschooling. The more I learn, and see what is happening to the economy and what that is doing to the schools, I am more determined to keep her home with me and teach her.
We are slowly working into a structured day. Before we were constantly learning but it was more out in the car or whereever we are. I am having to do some back tracking with her on numbers/letter. I mean she can do basic arithmatic in her head but did not recognize a nine. Oops, dropped the ball there.
The last week or so, we have been doing a lot of writing. She loves to write, and in my opinion, she has really nice writing for her age. She wanted to write all her thank you notes. So I wrote them out based on what she told me, and then she copied them. Awesome, leading into copy work already! We finished our last one this morning.
We have also been working on the basic phonograms so we can bridge into reading. We tried this last fall and it did not go well. She is doing better now. We are working on 3-5 a week and I plan to work new ones in as she masters the ones she has and then place those into review. Of course getting her writing in as well here since she keeps asking.
Going to start working in a structured time for math in a week or so once we get used to the things we are doing now. According to the things I have been reading I will be required to school for 2 hours for K which I do not think will be a problem.
The other thing we started today was reading Little House in the Big Woods. She is just loving it and we have just read chapter one. We tried last summer and her attention span was not quite there yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment