I love real life math... We are off to the grocery store in a few minutes. Emma has been really into sales ads and such lately for grocery stores, so today we sat down and I point out the items we knew we were going to get. She wrote down the quantities and prices (already including store coupons). She then used multiplication to figure out how much per type we were going to spend. I let her know what types of manufacturer coupons I had and she took that into consideration. And then she added everything up (well, I had her add as she went to keep it simple).
Now we will go see how she does! I am hoping the store is slow today because I want them to give me a subtotal of her items, including coupons. We have a coupon for so much off our total, so I am not willing to do separate transactions. The only thing I did not have her figure out is sales tax because it gets down right confusing at the grocery store! She knows how to do it, but I am not sure what is taxed and what is not.
No comments:
Post a Comment