Something I have been lacking for a while in the kitchen is a bowl to keep the fruit and veggies in that stay on our counter. Back in Montana and in Denver we used a hanging fruit basket and that was wonderful! With our ceilings here, that just will not work, at least not without some clever engineering. I have keep my eyes open and nothing has been something I wanted to buy.
This past weekend, Emma was at a birthday party and a few moms were gathered in the kitchen and I saw this 2 tiered stand that had fruit on it. I asked where she got it and she told me her dad had put it together from two plates and a candlestick holder... really!?! To Goodwill we went tonight and I had planned on just finding a couple plates as similar as possible and hopefully finding a candlestick holder that matched. By the time we left, we had spent $8 and Dave was on board. What we ended up buying, cost a little more than what we could have bought but everything matched!
The finished project... Can't wait to get it loaded up with some fruit!
The finished project... Can't wait to get it loaded up with some fruit!
No comments:
Post a Comment