Since Dave has been doing most of the schooling, I have had to adjust since I am used to doing it. Right now, she is on a pretty light schedule just to keep her going and let Dave get used to it. We have had many talks about how things are going and when and how to start introducing the rest of her curriculum. It was decided that I would continue teaching the math, at least teaching what is taught through Singapore Math. My decision for this is that I understand how it is being taught and why she is adding and/or subtracting the way she is. Dave agreed and it is nice knowing I am still contributing.
Still not sure how scheduling will happen since I will only be able to work with her during the evenings and weekends. We did a couple hours over 2 days this weekend and covered quite a bit. I was a little concerned since we had not done much with addition (other than basic math facts) in a while. I should not have been. I glanced through the teacher's manual for how they wanted it taught. Took the samples and wrote them on the white board and she had the answers pretty quick. Asked her how she figured it and it matched how they wanted it taught. Therefore we were able to cover quite a bit. This weekend we covered numbers to 100 and addition with 100. We will finish up addition this week and start in on subtraction within 100. We also covered greater than, less than and equal.
Dave has been working with her on telling time and she is doing great with it! They also built a sun dial and she is able to tell time with that as well. Amazing how accurate it is!
Of course, we are having a rare rainy day here, so no sun, but here it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment