Emma had a consultation appointment with a local orthodontist today. Her dentist is wanting to pull 2 of her baby teeth and I felt it was time to talk with an orthodontist to make sure everyone was on the same page.
I stopped by two yesterday. The second one was able to schedule an appointment for today to talk about everything. The first, we talked directly with the orthodontist and he took a quick look at Emma’s teeth and agreed with the dentist and said that he would suggest also taking the canine teeth if the other two were close (within 6 months) of coming in. The second does not agree with taking teeth to just make room, but did think it would be ok to take the two that the dentist suggested but then install a lower lingual holding arch and wait to see what happens. The arch will prevent the back molars from creeping forward and taking up extra room. At least this is how I understand it to be. It is a less expensive approach if indeed we do not need to be pulling teeth before they have a chance to fall out on their own. But there is also no guarantee she will not need more teeth pulled either.
One of the forms that needed to be filled out for today’s appointment was a “Fun Facts To Know About You" that I had Emma fill out with very little help.
This was a final copy since she started in pen and was crossing out as she would decide to spell a word differently so she rewrote it in pencil. I gave her the names as well as hints of rules she might know but not the actual letters.
No comments:
Post a Comment