Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rethinking history...

History is just not getting done in the time frame I would like. I was aiming for a 4 year cycle, repeated 3 times, but that is just not going to happen, so now am aiming for repeating twice, some areas three if it happens.

This allows us to slow down and change direction as needed. Such as this month... Instead of studying ancient history, we are covering American history, specifically the arrival of the Pilgrims. How fitting! LOL. We will keep moving through our main curriculum, but I refuse to feel guilty about side trips anymore. It will get covered.

She is having a blast learning about our early history and it is very hands on. I found this book at a local learning store and figured why not? I have been eyeing stuff from Evan-Moor, and if she still likes this format by the time we are done, I will probably get more.


No comments: