Friday, April 01, 2011

Way behind with reviews...

(I am having issues formatting so some things are not as I would like, sorry!) Just realized I am almost a month behind with catching up on monthly reviews... Well, I am not going to go back and do them. We have been busy here at home. I was sick for part a week but we got a little bit done. I am really liking that Emma can be somewhat independent with some of her studies. I can lay out her handwriting and map work and she will do that (and her calendar) while eating or shortly afterward. Until this last week, she has also started doing really well practicing her violin without complaint. This week we have already taken two days off just because we did not get to it right away in the morning. I am taking off for a girl's week in CA Sunday and leaving Emma and Dave here in CO. So we did a little extra and got ahead with Writing With Ease. Today she finished off FLL1 (first grade year) and she was really excited. That means 100 lessons complete. We will just move right into the second 100 lessons but she was happy to put her 100th sticker on her chart! One of the final lessons was reviewing poems that they suggested. We followed the suggestions for the most part. For that lesson, we took some time over two days and video taped her poems.

Geography - she has moved onto the northern eastern states. So she now can name and spell over 1/2 of the states! 25 on the two regions she has learned and she is working on 4 in her new region!


Math she is flying through 3A. She quickly grasped multiplication problems like 245 x 4. She moved onto problems like 54/3 and 26/4... so with and without remainders... written in a format I can not type... This will slow her down a little but not much. She gets it but needs a little more pratice than she needed with the multiplication problems.



Swim lessons are going great. They are learning to dive and working on treading water and swimming in the deep end.




We have spent a lot of time at the pool lately. We were there this morning and because the elementary schools were out, they had the diving board open and then opened the water slide. Emma headed up to the diving board excited to go off it. Before this, she has either gone off in a life jacket or there was a lifeguard right below to catch the smaller kids (after swim class couple summers ago). I figured she would hesitate a moment, but she walked right to the edge and took a huge jump off and then swam to the edge, climbed out and did it all over again! The slide was not much different. Took her a few minutes to get the courage up but she went down it a few times, and let me tell you, it is fast with a decent drop at the end! Videos from swimming today:



No comments: