Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Emma's creative writing

One of her assignments yesterday was to tell me a story and then I was to write it down for her. I decided to up it a little and handed her a piece of paper and pencil. I read some of the first sentance suggestions that were suggested and she was not happy with any of them. I asked that it not be about anyone she knows or something that happened to her recently. She did pipe up occasionally asking for spelling help. Typed the way she wrote it.

Lilly is six years old. One day Lilly went out to play at the park. And she saw a wet and muddy cat. Lilly went home with the muddy cat in her arms. When Lilly got home she showed her parents the cat. She asked if she could keep the cat. Her parents said yes. They cleaned the cat. Lilly let the cat sleep in her room. Lilly named the cat Goldy.

Emma then asked if she could write another story. Who am I to say no? I asked that she not ask for spelling help however so that I could see how she was doing. We did start out with help on the first word because she was having such a hard time with it. Typed the way she wrote it.

once upon a time thare was a dog names ben. He had a nise famuly. But one day he got lost. He fownd a nice home in a rock to live in for a litil bit. One day He went out to find sum food. But in sted he fownd sum more dogs that asked if he wanted to play with them. But he did not want to play and he said no. And the next day he fownd a home.

We did talk about misspellings and forgetting to capitalize but she did a great job! I donot think any of the misspellings are rules we have covered in spelling yet.

No comments: