Saturday, February 26, 2011

The call I was waiting for finally came…

This past Wednesday my phone rang and when I glanced at who it was, I realized it was finally work calling.  When we finished in October, what I understood was that around mid-February, the calls would come to be asked back.  I had no doubt I would be asked back based on my review, however, I was not full time and there was no guarantee that there would be a full time opening for an English speaking teacher this year. 

And, when the call came, I learned that at this time, I do not have a full time position.  However, when they need to open a 4th room, I am slated for that position.  That was not the news I wanted, however, I am more than happy with it!  I had heard last year, that all the rooms do not open at once if they do not have enough kids, so each year, not all the teachers start at once.

I am also planning on talking with the director to see where I stand to apply to be director qualified.  She seems to think I might have all the classes, I think I might be a couple short.  It would be a benefit to them for me to become qualified because other than the director, there is only 1 other staff member qualified and there has to be one person on location that is qualified.  From what I understand, if I do need classes, they will be paid for by work so it is in my best interest to get those done.

So, I took CPR/First Aid yesterday and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have beginning of the season training.  And then I wait to see what happens.  Time will tell.

No comments: