Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cute story from today..

Let me start by saying that I am horrible at recognizing people away from their normal surroundings, especially if I do not really talk with them much. I can see someone at the grocery store and know I know them but can not figure out from where. Now this is not the case with most people I know but those who I might say hi to or cashiers and such that I see on a regular basis. It happened not too long ago with the woman who delivers our mail. It took me (and Dave) about 10 mins before it came too us... And so onto today's story...

Emma and I were at the grocery store and had just picked something up from the discout bread bin. As we turned around, I saw a young lady and she smiled and said hi and then smiled bigger at Emma and waved to her. I was pretty sure we knew her since she looked very familiar. I waited until we were out of hearing and I leaned over and asked Emma if she had any idea who that was. She looked back quickly and tells me "Mom! I think that was Taylor Swift!" I glance back quickly, 99.9% sure that there was no way it was her and could see why Emma said that.

On the way out, Emma stopped to spend 2 quarters at the candy/toy machines. The young lady was on her way out and turned and joked to the guy behind her "Are you stalking me today?!" and as I glanced at his jacket it dawned on me that she is a cashier at the local Ace here in town. The jacket that clued me in had Ace Co-op written on it... it was a coworker of her's.

I asked Emma once we got to the car if it was ok if I relay her "Taylor Swift" comment to the young lady next time we see her at Ace and Emma was totally ok with it!

No comments: