I knew we were not going to get much done today. I am not getting up early enough. Still have just shy of a week's meds (will be 30 days by the time I am done) from a case of shingles that somehow I came down with a few weeks ago. Supposed to help not make the pain last for months or years but it sure messes me up. At least the 2 hour daily naps I was taking the first week are over!
Anywas, late start to the morning. I try to still get Emma to story time at the library on a certain Thursday. Her friend's Grandma does it and I figure she can go through this year at least. I might still take her after but she will be done participating unless enough kids do not show up. Connie does a storytime that incorporates poems/songs with objects she has in a "jacket" with many many pockets. She is known by story time kids as the Pocket Lady. They sign up before it starts for a chance to "pick her pocket" and then they match the object up with one of the poems/songs which are printed with a picture to match the objects. Afterwards a craft and small snack. Most of the kids are a good year younger but she still enjoys it. I figure if she was in afternoon K at the school she would still be free to come.
After story time, home quickly to cut my fabric for the gathering in the afternoon. Not going to post what I am doing yet. Only that it is Emma's Halloween costume. Depending on how the evening goes, I might be done with part of it tonight or tomorrow night. Of course it is the smaller piece, and I have already seen someone struggle (I mean make lol) through it so I have a slight advantage knowing her hang ups. I had someone walk me through button holes (which were in step 1 and then I walked through the rest of this piece so I made sure I understood the directions. Did not get much accomplished but I feel I learned a lot.
We learned today that Emma has been "accepted" in a local co-op here that will meet Mondays. I am not 100% sure what they will be doing but it will be good for her to be around other kids (and she knows most of them) in a class like setting as well as taking directions from someone else than me. She is excited and looking forward to it! They met last year and the younger kids classed kind of evolved from the siblings of the older kids who were in the classes.
Ended the day with a few chapters in Little House on the Prairie. I am realizing that reading outloud for an hour at a time is starting to get easier!
Well, back to the sewing machine. What happens in the next hour or so will pretty much determine whether I have anything to show soon. There is something coming up that is making me a little nervous but it is only fabric so how bad can I mess up?
ETA: Just after posting, I managed to break my sewing machine so it is off to find someone who can talk me through fixing it, or can fix it for me. Hit a pin and the part that holds the needle flew off. I think I found all the pieces, however, I can not figure out how to make the piece that fell off stay on the post... therefore I must be missing something. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment