Monday, January 09, 2006

No trip report yet. I spent the first part of the day sleeping. Emma woke at 5:30 am (ugh) but I was able to go back to sleep around 7ish for a few hours. I think that helped alot! During that time, Emma and Dave took down most of our Christmas decorations. All that is left is the tree!

Pretty uneventful day until this evening. We ended up with a run to the ER with his mom after she fell. Everything is ok. Her arm was really hurting so we decided to play it safe and get it looked at. The x-ray did not show any breaks so the doctor says to keep an eye on it. She says she tripped over the dog or Emma but I am not so sure of that.

Emma was pretty funny at the hospital though. I explained to her that the doctor was taking pictures of Grandma's arm to look at her bones. She looks at me and says "bones. puppy bones." No matter how hard I tried I could not convince her that they were not puppy's bones but grandma's bones!

She is stringing more and more words together... only two at a time right now but she is getting her point across.. no longer hands you a book and says "book" it is now "read book." There was quite a break through these past two weeks with lots of new people to meet and new pets and new experiences!

Speaking of pets, one of the crabs has made an apperance. Not sure if I mentioned it before but they have been hiding for about a month now but Onery is out and already changing shells like crazy. Can not tell if he molted or not though.

Emma is happy to be back in her own bed. Have had no complaints at bed time or nap time since she came home. She now loves sleeping with a blanket "blank-blank."

No comments: